Wednesday, June 16, 2010


1. The world as we experience it is somehow flawed.
2. These flaws are seen in light of the unflawed--some truth or notion of justice or goodness or purging of ugliness or ignorance, standards of judgment of the brokenness exist somewhere.
3. There is some supreme order or cosmos or reality, something about the whole of things that provides the standards according to which I make the judgments of (1 and (2, above.
4. All somehow see themselves as in some inescapable sense a part of the brokenness.
5. My cosmos calls upon me to do something about the brokenness.
6. Whenever my notion of what my cosmos requires of me conflicts with my immediate wishes or impulses, I ought to surrender to that higher value.
7. The psychological or emotional feelings connected with all of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment